Senior Fashion Student Profile: Melissa Armistead

محل تبلیغات شما محل تبلیغات شما

Senior Fashion Student Profile: Melissa Armistead

Senior Fashion major Melissa Armistead answers questions on why she started fashion designing, her design aesthetic, hopes for the future, and everything in between.

What made you want to get into fashion and why did you start designing?

Honestly, I’ve always loved to create things and to make things with my hands. So I was between fashion design, architecture, and interior design, and senior year I decided to take a fashion design course and that was it! I realized that fashion was for me.

From what, or who, do you find inspiration?

I take a lot of my inspiration either from architecture or the environment. So this year I focused on going back to the natural side and the environment in my three portfolios. The tree of life is my current inspiration, so I incorporate a lot of cultural themes that you can find out in nature.

What’s your design aesthetic?

I’m very minimal, but not in a bad way. It’s more sophisticated and a have a bit older of a target customer - she’s very chic, very classy, and a little simpler.

What’s been some of the highlights of your design career here at Marist?

I prefer the sewing side of fashion a lot more to the portfolio side (I think everyone has a preference of either drawing or sewing). But I would say my favorite class was either textile design or knitwear design, which I’m in now. These additional outlets, electives for design majors and anyone who want to take them, really supplement our design work. In textile design we did a lot of manipulating fabrics and learning different techniques. We don’t get to do it during our portfolio classes because we don’t have time, so it was really fun - it was like playtime.

Read more at:cheap bridesmaid dresses uk|red bridesmaid dresses uk

• منبع:
  • کلمات کلیدی: design ,fashion ,senior ,side ,very ,more ,senior fashion ,melissa armistead ,your design ,textile design ,bridesmaid dresses ,profile melissa armistead ,student profile melissa ,fashion student profile ,senior fashion student
  • در صورتی که این صفحه دارای محتوای مجرمانه است یا درخواست حذف آن را دارید لطفا گزارش دهید.

محل تبلیغات شما
محل تبلیغات شما

آخرین مطالب این وبلاگ

عکس آقای خامنه ای